Vasilopita Greek new year’s cake
Cooking time90 min
Vasilopita brings happiness! Checked all Greeks! Prepare and check. This Christmas cake the Greeks cut at midnight. Each year every family bakes vasilopita. In Russian, the baked goods can be called simply Pie of Saint Basil. Very tasty and flavorful! No wonder that the Holy name was called!
1. Split eggs on whites and yolks.
2. Whisk whites with a pinch of salt until fluffy and slowly inserting one-third of the sugar, continue beating until nice peaks.
3. In the bowl for the dough, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and vanilla sugar until light and fluffy.
4. To the yolks, add the softened butter and whisk.
5. Add freshly squeezed orange juice and brandy. Mix well.
6. Sift in a bowl the flour with the baking powder and mix.
7. Portions of enter proteins in the dough and mix with folding movements. Between servings of protein enter into the dough zest of one orange, cranberries, raisins and nuts (walnuts or pecans).
8. Turn the oven to warm up up to 180 degrees. Shape with a diameter of 26 cm grease with butter and sprinkle with flour.
9. Spoon the batter into the pan, flatten and put in the pie a coin, wrapped in foil (to whom it will fall, he will be a pet fate the entire year). Sprinkle cake almond petals and put in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Willingness (almost as always) check the puncture anything.
10. Allow the pie to cool for 10 minutes in the form, then put vasilopita on a dish and let cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.